2225 mod 5 Discussion
In this Discussion, you will select a clinic or community agency within the community. The organization you select must serve the needs of a vulnerable population group. Research the clinic or agency to obtain a clear idea of services provided and the specific population it serves. It is not necessary for you to make an on-site visit. However, you must cite the source(s) from which you obtained the information about the clinic or community agency.
Examples of clinical or community health agencies:
- Parishes Employee/Occupational Health
- Infection Control in hospitals Public Health Department
- Refugee Centers Child/Adult Protective Services
- School Health Clinic Hospice
- Halfway House: Drug Abuse, Prison, etc. Homeless Center
- Public Clinics: Pediatric, Psychiatric, OB, Geriatric, Migrant, etc. Rehab Program: Cardiac, etc.
- Shelters: Homeless, Women’s, etc. HIV/AIDS programs/clinics
- Veterans’ agencies Adolescent Programs
- Group homes for MHMR clients, etc. Support groups for cancer, sexual abuse, etc. survivors
Research the selected agency, and using the following *headings, discuss:
Name of agency and why you selected this agency;
Brief history and mission of the agency;
Target population the agency serves;
Services and programs offered;
What criteria (i.e. income, age, etc.) must clients meet in order to be served by the agency; and
What you found interesting about this agency or helpful for you as a professional nurse.
Cite and reference the information you report on, as appropriate.
Please post your initial response by 23:59 Wednesday of Module 5, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 23:59 Saturday.
A rubric is provided to explain the criteria for points and how you are graded. *A 5 point penalty will be applied to postings lacking the headings listed above.