Discussion: Review of Current Healthcare Issues
If you were to ask 10 people what they believe to be the most significant issue facing healthcare today, you might get 10 different answers. Escalating costs? Regulation? Technology disruption?
These and many other topics are worthy of discussion. Not surprisingly, much has been said in the research, within the profession, and in the news about these topics. Whether they are issues of finance, quality, workload, or outcomes, there is no shortage of changes to be addressed.
In this Discussion, you examine a national healthcare issue and consider how that issue may impact your work setting. You also analyze how your organization has responded to this issue.
- Review the Resources and select one current national healthcare issue/stressor to focus on.
- Reflect on the current national healthcare issue/stressor you selected and think about how this issue/stressor may be addressed in your work setting.
By Day 3 of Week 1
- Posta description of the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected for analysis, and explain how the healthcare issue/stressor may impact your work setting.
- Then, describe how your health system work setting has responded to the healthcare issue/stressor, including a description of what changes may have been implemented.
- Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 1
- Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who chose a different national healthcare issue/stressor than you selected.
- Explain how their chosen national healthcare issue/stressor may also impact your work setting and what (if anything) is being done to address the national healthcare issue/stressor.