Write a scholarly paper in which you apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Choose one communicable disease.
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
1. A thorough description of the disease including causes, mode of transmission, symptoms, treatment and complications. Discuss the demographic most affected-incidence, prevalence, morbidity and mortality.
2. What are the determinants of health affecting this disease? https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/about/foundation-health-measures/Determinants-of-Health.
3. Identify the epidemiologic triad including host, agent and environmental factors as related to this disease.
4. Discuss the role of the public health nurse in relation to this disease. How is the public health nurse involved in finding, reporting, collection and analysis of data and follow up?
A minimum of three references is required. The written essay should be at least 1250 words in length. There should be an introduction, conclusion, and reference page
APA format is required.
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
- Length: 1250 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions.
- Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims, an introuduction and conclusion.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)