Evolution of Health Care Marketing
Health care marketing requires a different approach than other industries. In this assignment, you will review current health care marketing and how it has evolved in the past 50 years, as well as how health care marketing compares to other industries. This will give you the necessary background knowledge to understand what impact competitive, regulatory, technological, and environmental changes have on health care marketing.
Research the following:
Identify different events or shifts in our health care system within the past 50 years that have led to a change in health care marketing.
Identify marketing ads for one healthcare-based company and one non-healthcare-based company, such as from the automotive or cellular phone industries, from the past 50 years.
Select 1 marketing ad for a healthcare-based company and 1 marketing ad for a non-healthcare-based company from the past 50 years.
Write a 350- to 700-word analysis that details the changes in health care marketing that have occurred in the past 50 years and why these changes occurred. Your analysis will include a discussion around the similarities and differences between health care and non-healthcare marketing based on the ads you selected. Your analysis should:
- Describe how health care marketing has changed since the 1970s.
- Describe how current health care marketing efforts should be adjusted according to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify advantages of health care marketing for an organization and its consumers.
- Discuss whether you consider marketing an appropriate practice in health care.
- Identify similarities and differences between health care marketing and marketing in other industries.
- Review the ads you selected (health care and non-healthcare ads) and identify 2 similarities and 2 differences between the marketing in a health care company versus a non-healthcare company.
- Consider readings related to the 4Ps of marketing.
- Predict how health care marketing may change in the next decade.
- Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Format your analysis according to APA guidelines.