Introduction to Clinical Inquiry and Research Methodologies
After reading each of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected, use the Matrix Worksheet template to analyze the methodologies applied in each of the four peer-reviewed articles. Your analysis should include the following:
- The full citation of each peer-reviewed article in APA format.
- A brief (1-paragraph) statement explaining why you chose this peer-reviewed article and/or how it relates to your clinical issue of interest, including a brief explanation of the ethics of research related to your clinical issue of interest.
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) description of the aims of the research of each peer-reviewed article.
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) description of the research methodology used. Be sure to identify if the methodology used was qualitative, quantitative, or a mixed-methods approach. Be specific.
- A brief (1- to 2-paragraph) description of the strengths of each of the research methodologies used, including reliability and validity of how the methodology was applied in each of the peer-reviewed articles you selected.
One reminder about the assignment for this week. It is required that all of your articles be RESEARCH articles, or in other words, reports of actual empirical studies (not just general information on the topic or opinions about it). Also, make sure all are studies of the same topic, both dependent and independent variables if possible, but at least one of the variables. The articles should be current (last 5 years) and from scholarly sources.
This IS required. Supply full reference in the reference list. I also recommend simply citing your research articles in the matrix and supplying the full references in the reference list as well, but that is up to you.