Learning and Experiences
Reflect on the 3 most challenging patient encounters and discuss what was most challenging for each.
• What did you learn from this experience?
• What resources did you have available?
• What evidence-based practice did you use for this patient?
• What new skills are you learning?
• What would you do differently?
• How are you managing patient flow and volume?
3 most challenging patients
1st – 32 years old lesbian who present to the GYN clinic with pain, had difficulty walking because she and her partner want to try a sex toy and things go wrong. Fortunately, she was not bleeding.
2nd – 21 years old who reports foul odor discharges, dysuria, dyspareunia. Refused testing and wants a shot right away. Had to be educated
3rd -35 years old with Mullerian tumor, wants to get pregnant.