Overview of Quality in Health Care
The purpose of this assignment is to apply the concepts you have learned in this course to a situation you have encountered.
Choose one quality or patient safety concern with which you are familiar and that you have not yet discussed in this course.
In a 1,250-1,500-word essay, reflect on what you have learned in this course by applying the concepts to the quality or patient safety concern you have selected. Include the following in your essay:
- Briefly describe the issue and associated challenges.
- Explain how EBP, research, and PI would be utilized to address the issue.
- Explain the PI or QI process you would apply and discuss why you chose it.
- Describe your data sources, including outcome and process data.
- Explain how the data will be captured and disseminated.
- Discuss which organizational culture considerations will be essential to the success of your work.
This assignment uses a rubric.
Use a minimum of four peer-reviewed, scholarly sources as evidence.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Expand All Rubric
Description of Issue and Challenges
Utilizing EBP, Research, and PI
PI and QI Process
Capturing and Disseminating Data
Organizational Culture Considerations
Thesis Development and Purpose
Development, Structure, and Conclusion
Mechanics of Writing