Research Critiques and PICOT Statement Final Draft
Prepare this assignment as a 1,500-1,750-word paper using the instructor feedback from the previous course assignments and the guidelines below.
Revise the PICOT question you wrote in the Topic 1 assignment using the feedback you received from your instructor.
The final PICOT question will provide a framework for your capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study).
In the Topic 2 and Topic 3 assignments, you completed qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research critiques on two articles for each type of study (four articles total). Use the feedback you received from your instructor on these assignments to finalize the critical analysis of each study by making appropriate revisions.
The completed analysis should connect to your identified practice problem of interest that is the basis for your PICOT question.
Use the “Research Critiques and PICOT Question Guidelines – Final Draft” document to organize your essay. Questions under each heading should be addressed as a narrative in the structure of a formal paper. Please note that there are two new additional sections: Outcomes Comparison and Proposed Evidence-Based Practice Change.
You are required to cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years, appropriate for the assignment criteria, and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Research Critiques and PICOT Question Guidelines –
Use this document to organize the content from your four studies into your final draft. Successful completion of this assignment requires that you tie together Part I and Part II and provide revisions based on your instructor’s feedback, as well as describing the outcomes and proposed evidence-based practice change.
Qualitative and Quantitative Studies
1. Introduce your nursing practice problem and discuss the purpose of your paper.
2. State your updated PICOT question incorporating any feedback that you received from your instructor.
Background of Studies
1. Summary of studies including problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research questions.
How Do These Four Articles Support the Nursing Practice Problem You Chose?
1. Discuss how the four articles will be used to answer your PICOT question.
2. Describe how the interventions and comparison groups in the articles compare to those identified in your PICOT question.
Method of Studies:
1. State the methods of the four articles you are comparing and describe how they are different.
2. State one benefit and one limitation of each method you have identified.
Results of Studies:
1. Summarize the key findings of each of the studies into a comprehensive summary.
2. What are the implications of the four studies you chose in nursing practice?
1. Discuss two ethical considerations in conducting research.
2. Describe how the researchers in the four articles you choose took these ethical considerations into account while performing their research.
1. What are the anticipated outcomes for your PICOT question?
2. How do the outcomes of the four articles you chose compare to your anticipated outcomes?
Proposed Evidence-Based Practice Change
1. What is the link between the PICOT question, the research articles, and the nursing practice problem you identified?
2. Based on this information, propose an evidence-based practice change for your identified setting.
1. Your conclusion should summarize the main points in the essay, including a varied restatement of the thesis.
Order Research Critiques and PICOT Statement Final Draft Paper Today!