Answer the following prompts in an essay format:
First, select a social problem to analyze throughout this course. You may select from the list or come up with a social problem you wish to analyze:
Remember, you will use your selected social problem to complete other assignments throughout this course.
In an essay (500-750 words), cite one scholarly source from the GCU library in addition to the textbook and complete the following:
1. Describe your selected social problem in its social context.
2. Use your sociological imagination to explain how the selected social problem is influenced by society.
3. Select the theoretical perspective(s) (functionalist, conflict, and interactionist) that best aligns with the social problem you’ve selected to analyze in this course.
4. Explain why the theoretical perspective(s) you chose is best to explain the selected social problem.
5. Next, use that theoretical perspective(s) to explain how your selected social problem came to be and how it is perpetuated.