Women’s Study- Gender
Women’s Study: Gender
Answer each of the following questions. Be sure to include the rationale/ evidence in your answers.
1. Have you ever considered the learning environment of higher institutions as ‘masculine’?
2. Are male, female, or non-binary gendered nurses treated differently by clients/patient? By colleagues? By managers? By the Health Authority?
3. How might the patient/client’s gender impact nursing decisions and nursing practice?
4. What considerations do nurses need to be aware of when teaching female, male, and non-binary clients?
5. Considering your response to question #3, what situations would be deemed acceptable and/or not acceptable to consider a patients/client’s gender in implementing nursing decisions and practice?